Sunday, September 13, 2009

Finally The Sens Can Exhale!

As the off-season progressed the more and more the Ottawa Senators were in a huge and embarrassing situation with Danny Heatley in the middle of it. What Heatley did, will likley haunt him in the future. But on Saturday he got what he wished, a trade out of Ottawa to a Stanley Cup contender, the San Jose Sharks. I personally think that Ottawa got a better deal here, only because they get rid of Mr.Heatley and in return get a 50 plus goal scorer. But, I can only think what Jonathan Cheechoo must be thinking. Will the Senators make the playoffs? I strongly think so, because they did have an excellent off-season, besides the like show put on by Heatley. What didnt surprise me was that at the Senators training camp the players weren"t even sad or emotional about Heatley's departure. If im Heatley right now, I would hope that my target from Ottawa wont follow me to San Jose and that he had better have a great season.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I think that whenever you trade a stronger player for two good players, you end up losing the trade because your team's top line won't be as powerful.

    However, at least the Sens won't have to deal with the fact that he didn't want to be there anymore...

    ReplyDelete